Do you want to accept Bitcoin and BTC/Lightning Network payments? Don’t make a quick decision thinking it will be a piece of cake implementation just because your Umbrel or Start9 Embassy has a one-button install. Just like any business tool implemented, you will want to be prepared. This provides some of the questions we ask our clients about how they want to run their implementations.
- What is your estimated volume? Low (1-500 month), Medium (501-2500), High (2501 and up)
- What system is btcpayserver hosted on or do you need us to provide a hosting platform?
- Are you self-hosting on a Raspberry Pi via Umbrel, Start9, Nodl, Casa or other? If so, give thought to physical node security as well as bandwidth if you run a busy store with lots of transactions.
- Are you hosting on a VPS system? Security needs to be hardened, as well as enough resources deployed.
- Are you connecting to your own lightning node to facilitate payments?
- If so, is it installed and running?
- If not your own node, are you using a service such as opennode or lnpay?
- If connecting to your own lightning node, is it accessible via clearnet (www.mysite.com for example) or is it on tor onion site?
- If on tor, do you have a VPS host so reverse tor proxy can be configured?
- What system will be processing via btcpayserver? ( WooCommerce, Shopify, etc)
- Will you need this system configured for the btcpayserver connection?
These are many of the questions that will help us understand your business model to adequately provision a system for your needs.